Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Fire Seed of Air: Perseverance

7.10/11.10



Rain, foggy, wet, damp, and hot. Fire seed of air is about knowing when to keep going-- to endure, to know that there is peace beyond the frustration, there is resolution beyond the trial. This is when we stop, rest, and go within, and then go forward.



The last two days have been hot, muggy, and even oppressive at times from the heat of fire, and seemingly not enough free air. This is when it is hard to think, to create, and one must know that everything is in the furnace of making.



There is much push to quit, or make a rash decision that one later sees is not necessary, so I know during this time to be suspicious of any bridge burning, or to move something that is not ready, and cannot even calculate what I think or need.



This is when I just lay low, feel soft, unwind my mind, my mouth, and my body. I do not try to work, create, or install. After I have come to this point, I finally play. Play is the most powerful act one can do in this point of the alchemical process. I meditate, I sleep, I look at magazines, I do not engage.



Usually after I move into this mode, after much kicking and screaming, I become much more open and allowing of time. I realize what is making room and I begin to move over and allow it a larger space for more, not less. This frustrating space is hard, because we are more vulnerable to what want to push in, to fit, but is not the right size. It is kind of the Cinderella slipper phase. The slipper will only fit Cinderella and all the fat feet cannot not fit, so I wait for her.

4 comments:

  1. THis is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! You are so funny and spot on with the feelings, pressures, and finally the letting go. I love the Cinderella part.....that is exactly what it feels like...trying to fit that shoe on....thanks for the greatest visual reference ever....love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first photo looks like you in the garden???
    I love Sally, so I'll share her with you. I feel like her often, trying to sew back my body parts as they have been so rudely ripped away.

    Oh, sweetie, get all those fat feet out of your way, you definitely belong in the glass slipper!
    love, Su.Sane

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.