Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Water Seed of Fire: Creative Tension

7. 2 & 3.10



"It requires a very skillful alchemist to burn Fire under Water, and indeed to float Fire upon a bed of Water." Dr. John Munford, "Magical Tattwas".



This was one of the main images in the film, "Krull". Woman gives Fire to Water, man takes Fire from Water. In this way they had the power to create a light that lit the darkest shapes and fears of what was hidden. Their relationship was a creative tension that brought their world into a new pattern of seeing. I have always loved this film. It visually amazed me and the power of alchemy when one knows the secrets of true and deep love that won't be put out.



This time is always edgy, and one usually feels the tyranny of negative distractions that masks itself, as something worth you time, feeling, and creativity.



The sacred threads through the skills learned in true love, and gives fire to the flow, so creativity can float on the support of emotion.



Water can feed fire in the bathing of the volume of time, that needs transformation. Fire can evaporate the excess, so water can be refined and pure of the distractions, that block its streams and contaminate its beautiful acceptance.



Creative tension is to be maneuvered into a path of vision. I have found this part of the creative alchemy sometimes the hardest, but also it has the greatest potential.



I am Fire and my father was Water, and I floated on top of his shoulders of water, because he bathed in the light of who I was. My father died in the sea many years ago, and I finally have the courage in meditation, to take my light down into the dark waters and find him, and bring him back up to the light of day.

4 comments:

  1. I sure have felt the tension & the edgy-ness the last few days that you describe as part of this time -- thanks for helping me understand what it's really about! I also loved how you used the term "tyranny of negative distractions" -- It really is like living under a tyranny when those negative distractions come crashing in on you & yes, they do so love to mask themselves as ideas, thoughts, & feelings that you really SHOULD give time and attention to since they sound so real & delicious & justifiable! After reading this & your last 2 entries, I feel like I have more strength to rise above the tyranny & kick those distractions out of the sacred spaces of my mind & soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...this time can be full of edges and distraction that seem AWFULLY important. Thanks for the heads up-the red flag-I will start looking for more of the potentials, rather than sink into the "important - c's"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Suzanne, it's so neat we all kind of have pieces of this and we put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, thank you for listening, too. Together we are learning more about the alchemical process, and how to move more easily.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.