Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Air Seed of Water: Calm

7.15.10



Sometimes the alchemical process takes longer and one must look even deeper into the flow of life.



We kayaked today from Warren to Thomaston, but in the late afternoon rather than morning, as we did before, from 2 to 6pm. It so much was a different trip, but we learned a lot. Do not start before high tide, even though the water is up, because you are going to have to paddle against the tide. We did that from 2 to 3:30.



In the afternoon there is much more wind, so you don't just float, as we did in the early morning. you maneuver the very choppy waters and there is no painting, reading, or musing. The eagles are more out in the morning than afternoon, but the kingfishers are more seen.



When the tide finally shifts, rolls over, it is such a definite feeling and you go from pulling against the tide to being pushed. At one point, where the sea and river meet, there are many many whirlpools and it was a little scary at first, because I could hardly paddle through them. Then Robert realized that we needed to just slow down and the tide pulled us through, while we used our paddles as rudders.



So all of this was a physical experience of what was all in the mind and head yesterday. So now I don't just know and understand air seed of water, but I know what it feels like, too. Sometimes a process of alchemy has to leave the cauldron and move into the body.

4 comments:

  1. Great insights into how sometimes the "...process of alchemy has to leave the cauldron and move into the body..." That is so true and so empowering when that happens. When the body makes a registry along with the mind, it really makes a soul memory that is incredibly powerful and transformative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, you are so right. And I know that you know this from experience. It's so good to have your agreement and similar knowledge.
    love you, Su.Sane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is my comment????????? I think it got lost in translation........sorry! Needless to say I love this and it strikes many chords in me! Obviously I haven't figured this process out yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neither have I, I'm glad I'm on this end! and I have Robert to post it for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.