Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Water Seed of Fire: Creative Tension

8.18.10

* The following collages are new work for our book, "The Root Child and the Coming of Fairies", that's now in process.


The timing on this is so exact, and the final whisper of its struggle was revealed, in a way that became so clear.


Water seed of fire is usually quite a competitive relationship, it can be so interior, as a conflict between what we feel and what we think or do. This conflict is not necessarily a conflict between what we feel and what we know.


What we know is part of the clarity of who we are, and what we think is often what we are conditioned to conclude. I’ve often found the primary reason for this is the lack of ability to assimilate our lives fast enough, to keep the knowing and feeling balanced.


When fire and water are balanced within us, we are able to take this creative tension and be productive in the outer and inner worlds. Where the need for each is recognized and the differences honored, the intuitive ability of the Water element is combined, with the cognitive ability of the Fire element, and there is an evolution of the productive life in the outer world.


My life has been the learning of a fine-tuned balancing between these two, so that the air of my own inspiration can be grounded. In these times I need to make sure I drink plenty of water, so I don’t burn up, but not so much I drown in the deep period of my intuitive beingness.


Today I balance-- between water and fire, and bridge them with the full breath of my creative imagination.


I’ve been more tired this week, and actually many have told me that they have felt this tired also. 


Letting go of the concept of exhaustion, I embrace re-calculation. Yes, that is more what it is, and I need not compete for space, because as Raven, I am ether-- space. 


I now take up a room between water and fire, and build a bridge of this evolution.

4 comments:

  1. "When fire and water are balanced within us, we are able to take this creative tension and be productive in the outer and inner worlds. Where the need for each is recognized and the differences honored, the intuitive ability of the Water element is combined, with the cognitive ability of the Fire element, and there is an evolution of the productive life in the outer world"....I think this is what our assimilation is about this week!!! That is a big chunk of understanding you have unveiled for us all. This week has been one of physical reaction to deep tension that has made no sense, and my answer keeps coming as "dimensional shifts" and this is obviously inner shifts as you have written. But the body sure has had its discomfort with it all, hasn't it? And I like the concept of "re-calculation" rather than "tiredness", of what? living? may I never feel that! Last nite after I dropped Joseph off, coming down the hill in the meadow I gasped at the expanse of land and people and life there was out there, just where I could see, and my eyes opened to the entirety of living going on on this planet - it was an awesome, breath-taking sight in my little brain, but it made me want to be "living" even more...it felt like a bridge for me to see the wondrousness of your work and its destiny. Hang in there...they will come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is definitely a time of intense recalculation & it is much more empowering to recognize this feeling of such tiredness we've all been feeling lately as a natural part of this process.
    "What we know is part of the clarity of who we are, and what we think is often what we are conditioned to conclude." I REALLY love this line -- it really helps me solidify the distinction between the two -- which is often a struggle for me -- so that I can more fully embrace my knowing that I have so come to trust...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, I always hang in there, because you so faithfully do.

    That meadow is wonderful, and last year we saw where something large landed and made patterns, so look this fall for any signs of that again!
    love, Su.Sane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, this line helped me immensely also.
    It is amazingly comforting to allow the mystery to speak and nurture us with its vision.
    love, Su.Sane

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.