Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Water Seed of Water - Diplomacy

5.23.2010





What is it that makes us want to create, and how do we know the signal of when?  I have explored this question from all directions, because a big part of my writing and work is about the creative life and how we engage, explore, unify and ignite it. 


I get so excited sometimes when I have an idea, that it fires up, burns and disappears. What happens, and why sometimes I need to calm down and let it sit, as if it is here to live, not visit. The calming allows the fire to burn steady and catch on deeply, so we can live inside it. I can then move about and not lose it, even if I stop painting or writing, and have to come back to it later.




It is at this time I feel I am the one who has absolute power in my creative life. I won the work and it will always come to me when it is time. But the big question is when is it time? I have uncomfortably tried to force it, when I am pushed by society's demands to produce, trying to accomplish something beyond looking vacant. This never works, force only causes pain, disappointment and frustration. 






I have had to learn to wait, and who or what am I waiting for? I am waiting for myself, my own creative muse, my own timing. 


Timing is about ease, beauty, and grace. If I rush, I step on cracks and my back starts hurting. If I allow someone to judge before I start, I cannot navigate as easily. 






I wait, I sit down in the boat of my creative life, give a token of trust to my muse, and feel the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments.