Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fire Seed of Fire

5.20.2010




I have been through the fires of life and at first the burns seemed to feel they would never heal, but they have, and I have moved into more of the wisdom of what fire is truly for. It is for love, it is for passion, it is for warmth and healing, and I have once again tried to open to heat.


Heat is not just for hurting, it is not just for anger, it is not just for burning. Heat is for emergence, heat is for creation, heat is for sap rising, heat is for rising color. Fire Seed of Fire is for Resolve, it is the alchemist's highest tool. Enthusiasm is fire personified in the creative life. The challenge is to let the fire burn, but not let it crack the emblic egg (your creation). 






Do not work until exhaustion, drink plenty of fluids, and allow enthusiasm to carry you, but not distract your attention from what you are creating.

This balance has often been hard for me, and many people have a problem when my heat is up, because they feel cold to their creative needs. I have found it is best to give my heat room, like a stove, not too close to the wall, so I won't catch fire, and cannot cool off in a safe and abundant way. 






When I am creating, I take time to walk and ground myself in nature, so I don't gather too much tension in my heated frame. I take periodic deep breaths to cool the egg of my creating in a rhythmic way.

I stoke the fire and watch that the flame does not go out, by keeping sacred the creative language I draw from. I allow myself the company of kindred spirits who know what heat is for, and nurture the giving vessel I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments.