Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Alchemical Mind

2010 may 20

I am beginning to remember the small girl that loved to sit in the window of her room and follow the light, as it reached across her bed. I loved to see the colors change as the light did.

I loved puppets and to experiment with my own feelings by talking with the puppet. I fell into the spell of how words made a difference in my life, and how they were said was where the power was.

I learned about the importance of expression and how it would reveal the true character of what was being said. I soon realized that this child in me was hungry for a full depth of expression. This is when I first became an alchemical mind.



In music, expression was my vehicle to journey, and still is. I knew alchemy from my own inquiry into emotion, expression, and light. So much I have not known about my childhood, but this I am sure of, because I am still this way as an adult woman.

I explore the realm of fire, heat, and transformation daily. I seek it out in my creative and spiritual practice.

The secret thought of what holds the fire for me inside is the full memory of this becoming.

I have decided to begin this blog to explore this alchemical mind, to find out why I think, desire, and create the way I do.

I collaborate completely with my husband, both of us working fervently on the same piece of art, crossing over and adding to each other's markings. We see each other as part and whole of what we create. We live in this same manner each day, like the light, as when I was a child, crossed over my bed.
I cannot wait to see his reach across my imagination.



The alchemy of this way of working; vessel and cauldron, heat and fire, water and light, is transforming.
All my life I have worked with the seeds of life, raising 10 acres of herbs and flowers, starting a cottage industry, to follow the life of flowers into their beauty and after-life, while also teaching fertility awareness, natural childbirth, breast feeding, all part of the alchemy of how we come and leave this world.

I used dried flowers and herbs to create whatever I could imagine in design and color. I am now an artist and writer, and I have taken these findings into another part of the alchemy of transformation.

My husband, Robert, and I call ourselves Clarity, because we seek the clear vision as the alchemist seeks the Philosopher's Stone.



I have realized we are alchemists in our work, and we seek always to find the highest vibration of every color, element, and line we use.

I want to explore this alchemical mind I have become, and share with you the alchemy I find in everyday life, and the beauty there is to knowing where you are in the alchemical process of living a creative life.

Artists, more than anyone, are constantly stoking the fire, cooling the aemblic egg, and learning how to not crack it on the way of tempering the sharp edge of what we see.

I moved to learn more each day, so I can know if it is time to incubate, generate, renew, birth, flatten, save, and dream, so I can flow better, struggle less, immerse myself deeper, and learn to bathe with fire and dry with water.



Please join me, and we will travel together and sharpen our skills in the transformation of lead to gold, and love all that is elemental in-between.

5 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC Clarity!!!!!!! It is a beautiful site and I am signed up to follow :) Thank you for getting it online.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand and colorful and evoking. (Please pass me another slice of design and transmutation to have with my warm milk.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. So lucky to be able to join you in this journey!
    Lots of love..Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Su.Sane: everything you've written here is gorgeous and so resonant with me these days. Thank you for your work, a million times. I love you all and miss you so much lately that it aches sometimes. xo -k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristina, it is so lovely to hear from you, and know that you, too, miss us as much as we miss you.

    We've thought of you quite a bit lately, so it was wonderful to know that you've had a chance to read this work, and be comforted that there are kindred spirits about.

    Thank you for writing in such a beautiful way. We hope things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.