Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fire Seed of Air: Perseverance

6.10.2010



In my life there has been many questions about should I go on, should I go forward, should I stop, and do I know when? I have longed for a way to know, but what I have come to feel is that when one is close up to something, it always feels like it is time to quit, stop, turn around. This is an impulsive motion of caution, but up close is where we need to be if we are to persevere.



Sometimes people quit just as they are about to succeed, because the closeness of success is so bright, they cannot see, and feel all is lost. This is the time of fire seed of air, all is quickened, as air and fire work together to speed up the alchemy. Fire and air are friends and they encourage and vitalize each other, even though they are interdependent.



My husband, Robert, and I are air and fire. We speed things up so much when we work together, that we are so close, so fast, with our creative work, that we feel, at times, our work is ahead of us. This is when we must step back and play. Play brings patience, play brings room, play brings inspiration. More air will fill us and we can move forward in time with our work. Play is what holds our frames in mid-air, as we make the leap without abandoning our direction.



We weather the alchemical storm and land in the middle of the realization of our worth. Much work has different rhythms, so we can persevere until the time is right.

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right; there is that urge to stop, just as you're about to cross the threshold of achievement, of finishing something. Even when I prepare to travel, there's that last-minute urge to cancel everything and stay put, even though I know it would be for the best to take the voyage. Yours is a good explanation of this phenomenon, as it's obviously a part of human nature.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.