Pages

Monday, June 21, 2021

Wee Ones Return, A Solstice Poem


 

The Mist of Avalon

Up earlier than the worm

Too early for most moist awareness

Quickening the paper of my awareness

I moisten the fold of night's remainders


Is it now time to dance through the fairy ring?

Mist is upon the land & in the fog of exploration I sit

I wait for the wee far cry of the other world


I will not be alone no more from my wee people

of the mist

wild world, wild wood, wild calls, and dances

of an ancient time


I sprout my fey & they no longer trim my ears

to keep me safe, safer is the plain than the moist

calling of this sea of wee wind and cockle shells


I sing the song of my past as the Morrigan

of the black hills of Avalon. A black goddess

of the Moors, the swan guarded mist of the Isle.

I hear the pitch in the mist, & there be no coins

on my eye.

~ Raven SuSane

1 comment:

  1. Awesome recognition of the power of Fey and your embrace meant of their relationship to us..thank you for keeping that Light forward!!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.