Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Water Seed of Fire: Creative Tension

1.12.11
(Click image for a larger view)



Snow begins as it builds into a beautiful white world. I sit and watch the snow as I write this A.M.
The village green becomes magical and the river flows through the center of the whiteness.

Water seed of fire creates new questions and I ask what within my work is within a creative tension. What builds an then is unbuilt, what creates and then is uncreated. What knows and then is ignorant. What flows and then is evaporated, what burns and then is washed out?

I feel this in my life and I want to create a new relationship with the created within me.

I want the wholly believe in what is given to me and I create with. I want to understand what I build and create with it. I want to establish a respect for what I feel, I think, I say, and I do.

I want my fire to flow with my water and my water to burn with my fire. I must bathe with fire and dry with water to create this balance and I ask for the insight, will, action, to do this.

One body in cooperation with all its elements and creating from this. This is my work.

2 comments:

  1. "One body in cooperation with all its elements and creating from this. This is my work." That is a mission statement if I ever heard one. Bravo to your courage and fortitude my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That line Sandra quoted is my favorite too -- it really says it all! I also love the image you chose for this post -- it's absolutely DELICIOUS! Feels like you could just eat the colors off the page -- especially that "dripping" red! Oh, and that lovely image of the river running through the center of the whiteness as it snowed yesterday -- DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.