Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Earth Seed of Earth: Foundation

12.15.10
(Click image for larger view)



Today is my daughter Susanna’s birthday, and I am going to care for her little ones while she has some time for herself. Time for the self’s rich environment, an essential foundation for things to grow.

Time is a rare seed and we find it often shrivels and does not germinate what we see in our mind’s eye. When we finally have it, we don’t know how to utilize it fully, in a deeper way. It takes a real alchemist to make time create a stable foundation.

Terra Firma is not always under our feet, and we have to grasp the earth of our lives and plant our feet into it.I have a practice of yoga to do this very thing. I would like to jump up and run into my day with a voracious array of multi-tasking, because I am fire, but I have learned that unless I plant my feet in Terra Firma each morning, firmly through my practice of yoga, I will end up struggling with what need no struggle.

I will multi-task what is only singular and simple, I will confuse my body with the necessity of everyone's thought, except my own. In essence my day will run away with my spoon, and fork, and knife, and the moon will be silent.

I thrive on nature as it has enveloped my life with flowers, herbs, and the sea. I now enter a time where I must know what I feel and feel what I know, and time must be my muse.

I have prayed for time and now I must walk with this companion. To live fully I must know what it is to be fully awake to the seed of time held in the deep mystery and what holds the door open.

2 comments:

  1. WOW friend, you have stated what lies deep in our layers of society demands and accomplishment phobias that drives us either to joy or to exhaustion of the mental type. THank you for the re-minder of what is important to our souls.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.