Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Fire Seed of Air: Perseverance

10.30.31.10

(Click image for larger view)



The last two days have been fun, exhausting, creative, frustrating, overwhelming, and humorous. Sometimes, between our studio residence and our Rockland home, I feel gobbled up, totally consumed, and I don’t think I am enough for such hungry places.

Our house, which I love, needs so much up-keep and preparation for the changes of season, and our studio residence needs re-organizing to prepare for our show in December.

To rely on time is not enough. I feel I have multiplied my time and it just multiplies its needs. We are made to be part of our creative life on all levels, and this includes the mundane. The mundane is quite a hungry fish and the creative process needs it, but I feel it has become a whale of a tale.

My creative process has become too large in some areas and too small in others. I keep trying to trim up the fat parts, but they seem to be taking over. Is this where the dreams of the starving baby come from? I used to have this often, and have not had these dreams at all for many years. I don’t want to wait to have them again, so I’m asking my inner world, my soul, and guidance for help and understanding.

I also realize that too much creativity and not enough physical grounding activity is not good for me either. How do I create a balance between these worlds, needs, and feelings?

The realization of the question is always the beginning of the answer for me. Nameste.

4 comments:

  1. Boy, you expressed so well the struggle to find that elusive, but so necessary balance that so many people are searching for. You are such a trail blazer & pioneer -- you dare to formulate the question & then have the courage to receive the answer that never fails to inspire & support the rest of us too! Thank you my dear friend -- I'm sorry this has been such a difficult time for you, but I feel the very real shifts & changes that are happening in our lives that have seemed impossible to ever move. And so I believe that this intense & challenging time of birthing & transformation is bringing to you & all of us a time of much greater ease, peace, & joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play Play Play....like we did today - our political statement on an appropriate day (election day)...and man, could you feel the tension and bickering all around???? So glad we found a little corner to hide in and talk about our dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, I think you are so right, and the answer is unfolding very gently for me. I need to let go of any expectations i have about what I should get done.
    I let go last night of any more expected work for this show, I realized after listening to Phillip Glass that the 3D is a big leap, much bigger than I realized. It is like when Phillip went from writing music to writing music for an opera. It then becomes theatrical, collaborative in so many more ways.
    I love that, and I realized that 3D for us is theatrical, and it is a collaboration with many more elements, so I will let it come to me.
    I took much more time with my yoga this morning and breathed in much deeper and longer, and it has really helped today.
    love, Su.Sane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, I love this! Play, play, play, and that's how we did it today, and I feel much better.
    I loved how we squirreled away and had so much fun talking about our dreams and how to move them out into the world. Thank you for taking the time to play with us.
    love, Su.Sane

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments.